Thursday, December 30, 2010

New habits for the new year

I'm ready to get back in shape.

For me, this is about more than losing a few pounds. I want to establish good habits now, while I am young, become stronger, and find ways to eat better.

In 2005, I wanted to lose weight, and, after finishing school and settling into a new job, I finally had the time and resources to go for it.

I started off slowly, changing what I ate and adding exercise a few days a week. I knew I needed help at first so I followed a weight loss plan and joined a gym. I wasn’t sure it would actually work, but I knew I needed to do something differently.

After a year of eating better and exercising, I had lost nearly 50 pounds. Then I went to graduate school and had less time to work out. I gained a little and vowed to deal with it after graduation. Now I hope to tackle it in the new year.

Along the way I want to learn how to maintain a healthy weight and find answers to any questions you might have. I’m looking for fun ways to stay fit. I hope you’ll join me.

-- Elizabeth Templin McCamic

0 comments: