Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Occupying the Gym


Ellyn Ritterskamp

I love how Occupying is the new verb.

It started with Occupying Wall Street, to express frustration at a small few having control of much of the nation's money.

Then other cities got folks Occupying city hall property.

Down the street from my house is a church with a sign out front saying OCCUPY CHURCH, which is awesome.

Just now, I read a recap of last night's Dancing With the Stars results show, in which the writer said if JR Martinez was to be eliminated, she was going to Occupy her living room. He was safe, so we don't have to clean up a tent city in her house.

So I'm going to see about Occupying the Gym for a few days.

Not really. But I have written down OCCUPY GYM on the calendar for several days, which I haven't been doing too well. It's fun, and when we make stuff fun, we're more likely to do it.

Onward.

0 comments: