Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Counting calories is so simple, it's working


Ellyn Ritterskamp:

I sweated off another pound yesterday. The classrooms at school were too hot.

Either that, or the counting calories thing is just so simple that it's working. I don't graze at the end of the day anymore, and I'm getting better about budgeting calories for small servings of iced tea or soda (4-6 oz. often is enough).

I read Lawrence's entry about breakfast with interest. I get up at noon, and my first meal is rarely before 1:30 or so, and tends to be very lunchy in content. The rest of the day varies depending on whether I'm working, but that constant first meal is pretty stable.

But I sympathize with the position of not wanting to eat heavy right away. I can't imagine eating meat during that first 45 minutes to an hour. It's just gross to me. But a lot of this stuff is not necessarily good or bad; it's just what we get used to.

Onward.

0 comments: