Wednesday, September 21, 2011

The fruit harvest never really ends


Ellyn Ritterskamp

My friend says I can't stand prosperity. I didn't understand at first, and he explained that as soon as I get a little money in my pocket, I spend it. That isn't always true, but I see the pattern.

I've come to realize this applies in some ways to food: when we get certain foods at the grocery store and bring them home, I want to eat on them as much as possible, and they never last more than a few days. It's like my child mind thinks someone is going to take the good food away, so I should eat it quickly.

Most fruits, and treats like beef bologna, are in this category.

I guess if we just keep buying lots of fruit, my child mind will realize it's always there, and doesn't have to be used up quickly.

1 comments:

Sasi said...

It is quite comforting to know that there are more people with binge eating habits. I guess it is more of an emotional need to binge eat. Sometimes, I eat a dozen bananas within a few hours of buying them. I am inspired by this blog. I have been swimming for the past few weeks and plan to add 30 mins of meditation. May be the meditation will help me stay away from binge eating. And while we are still on the topic of fruits, check out this cookbook on fruits and vegetables.