Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Festivus for the rest of us

Ellyn Ritterskamp

We are getting down to the end of the year, and the measuring of how we did on our goals. Will it fall under The Airing of Grievances, or The Feats of Strength?

I'll put mine somewhere in between. I like that I have made progress, but would like to have made more. I started the year at 257 lbs and am at 247 now.

My high, just before last January, was 260, over which I swear I will never go. My end goal is 190, though that may take a while. I would love to be there in July when we go to Hawaii. I'll have a little less work this year, in a good way, so there will be more time for gym trips and exercise. So it could happen.

It was good to be writing here, to be accountable to somebody, even if we never met. Many of you have sent emails or been supportive in other ways. That helped, a lot. Thanks.

Onward.

0 comments: