Monday, March 21, 2011

My scale must be broken. That's it!

Lawrence Toppman:

I weighed 190.5 last Monday morning. I weighed 190.5 THIS Monday morning. This *&^%$#@! scale must not work right. Here, let me put my cat on it...See, I was right: 190.5! No wonder there's no change!

Oh. Wait a minute. It says 10.5 pounds. These digital scales can throw you off. Sorry for insulting you, Groucho, but I always weigh myself without my glasses -- saves that crucial two ounces, you see. I guess I simply have made no progress.

I slacked off and tried to let yard work stand in for exercise last week, though sweeping leaves off my porch roof didn't count as highly efficient fat-burning activity. (That's especially true if you stop and smell your neighbor's grill and study the tiny growths on a redbud and listen to woodpeckers drumming their secret rhythms on a silver maple.)

So now it's back to a week of treadmilling and snack monitoring with less daydreaming. Progress shall be made!

0 comments: