Tuesday, March 29, 2011

What's your go-to snack food?


Elizabeth Templin McCamic

I'm not sure I can eat another carrot.

There. I said it. I really needed to get that off my chest.

Is anyone else ready for all the fresh fruit and vegetables that come with spring and summer? I am. We've been eating a lot of soup, chili and vegetables like cabbage, cauliflower and broccoli this winter.

I'm ready for strawberries, blueberries, watermelon, nectarines and tomatoes. I am craving snap beans, squash and okra - all those foods that are best eaten fresh from the ground.

In the meantime, I'm looking for healthy snack ideas, especially things that might travel well to and from work or that I could have ready to eat at my house after a long run.

I try not to snack much, but when hunger hits me it's nice to have a healthy option on hand.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mmmm, okra. LOVE okra.

Snacks: I like light string cheese (50 or 60 calories) and Trader Joe's has these little yogurts with granola that are only 140 calories!