Friday, April 15, 2011

I'm hoping for good enough race weather


Elizabeth Templin McCamic

Tomorrow is race day and it looks like I may or may not get to run, depending on severe weather that is possible in the region Saturday morning.

After all that training and hard work, this is not what I'd hoped for my race day forecast.

I have spent most of my time worrying about the chance of unseasonably hot temperatures, that would make a 13.1-mile run more uncomfortable than necessary, not the chance of severe thunderstorms and wind. Oh my.

For now, I'm hoping for the best. Even if the race is called off, I have accomplished a lot. And it's just the start of the race season, so maybe there is another half marathon out there for me.

For all of you who are planning to participate in RaceFest tomorrow, good luck! I hope to see you out there.

0 comments: