Wednesday, April 13, 2011

What was the point of feeding a cold, anyway?


Ellyn Ritterskamp

Why is it that being sick doesn't help us lose a pound or two? I guess it depends on which kind of sick. When it's a cold, I find myself eating the same or more than usual, and of course, not getting any exercise because it's hard enough just to walk around for normal activities. Those parking deck stairs at UNCC last night were tough to climb while I was coughing...

There are other kinds of sick that make you not want to eat very much, but I think in the long run, I'll be grateful not to have them.

Onward.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

The whole saying should be tossed in the garbage. You should never starve your body and believe it or not, exercising when you have a cold boosts your immunity! So when you can, get back to it. Feel better.