Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Lifting to exhaustion


Ellyn Ritterskamp

Lifting to exhaustion used to be what I strove for in my weights routine. Now, it is just what happens when I pick up the cat.

Fellow blogger Elizabeth and I met last week to get her started on a circuit routine and to get me back on track with a routine of my own. We agreed we would lift twice a week, and measure the amount we lift early on, and then measure it again in about six weeks. I think it would be way fun to bench press in three digits again soon.

The first time I started lifting seriously, nine years ago, I dropped a good bit of weight right away. Well, lifting, but I was walking three miles, three times a week. Whichever it was, I will get back at them today. I say in six weeks I will drop 12 lbs.

I am writing it down.

Onward.

1 comments:

Matt W said...

The combination of lifting and cardio is the best way to burn calories. Hence the workouts you see on The Biggest Loser.