Friday, May 20, 2011

New York: Now I get it about the toddlin' town


Ellyn Ritterskamp

I just returned from three days in New York City. I'd been there before, but this time I wised up, and stayed in Brooklyn. Less crowding and horns and yelling and all that.

So that meant a bit more time on the subway, which I like just fine. But I'd forgotten, if you go downstairs to get on the trains, at some point you have to come back up. There is a terrific Blood, Sweat and Tears song in there somewhere.

At most stations it was just one or two flights. But there is one station where I had to transfer every day, and you had to do like four flights. Both ways, I think.

I climb a sedate set of stairs to my apartment every day, but after all that, I think I will make myself climb them extra times. That stuff wore me out, in a good way.

Onward.

0 comments: