Friday, October 7, 2011

Cheat Days don't always work out


Ellyn Ritterskamp

It's been a revelation that when I stay below a reasonable calorie intake each day, on the occasional day when I go over by a lot, my body rebels. I knew this in my head, that once we have adjusted the cravings/addictions/tendencies toward overeating/sugars/whatever, our bodies don't want those overages anymore.

I've been on 2000 calories a day for eight weeks, which is very doable, but often means I don't eat certain things anymore. Some plans allow one cheat day a week when you can eat anything, but folks say that after six days of eating things that are good for them, they don't want to go crazy with foods that are more toxic.

I ate one slice too many of cheese pizza the other night, on top of very good spaghetti earlier in the day. That was an eye-opening overload about which I'll be more careful from now on.

Even the cheat day idea has limitations. Onward.

0 comments: