Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Getting through a plateau takes extra effort


Elizabeth Templin McCamic

One week into my new workout routine and I've finally lost a little bit of weight (about 1.4 pounds) after a couple weeks of making no progress.

I must say it feels good to see that number go down ever so slightly. It also feels good to feel more sore than usual by the end of the week and know that I'm building muscle. That was one of my goals for this year, after all.

It took extra effort to make this progress. That's something I'll have to remember. I'm not always good about pushing myself to work harder, and that's an important part of becoming at better athlete.

I'm going to start week two of my workout DVD this week and keep to my usual running schedule. Paired with eating right and cutting down on carbs, I hope to see more success next week.

0 comments: