Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Workout DVD getting me back on track


Elizabeth Templin McCamic

Now that I've gotten through a second cold this season, I'm working on getting my workouts back on track - and staying healthy for more than a week or two in a row.

I had to stop working out for a few days when I got sick, just as I was starting to make some progress. Then we had company come into town, so I really got off track.

This morning I got back to work. I started week three of my Jillian Michael's workout DVD this morning.

The week two workout was definitely more challenging than week one. I found myself feeling very happy when I knew the workout was almost over, which is always a good sign that I'm working hard. The second workout involves a lot of plank holds with movement and pushups. Both are exercises that are challenging for me.

The week three workout I started this morning was also challenging but in different ways. It paired strength with balance moves and seemed to focus a little more on lower body muscles.

What was great about my workout this morning was how good I felt afterward. I have really missed feeling healthy enough to workout and have probably been missing the positive endorphins and stress-relief I get each time I exercise.

Tonight, I'm planning on going for a long run. It feels good to be back.

0 comments: