Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Warming up


Ellyn Ritterskamp

Loving this warm weather - I've been walking at 8 p.m., when it's still sticky but not soul-sucking hot. That will end when I get back to work, but a few more days of it will be great!

There is something meditative about getting past the first few laps, and into a groove, where the joints loosen up and the speed picks up and you almost have to go faster to keep up with your own mojo.

I have met several nice neighbor cats, and seen tons of dogs who are just thrilled to be alive. Even the bugs seem friskier when it's warm, chirpingwise.

I know real runners like the cool better than the hot, but I am just faking it.

Onward.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those first few minutes are the worst! it's like your body forgets what it's like to work. Keep on truckin' sister. You're doing great.