Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Water weight counts, too


Ellyn Ritterskamp

Amazing. The past few months I have been gaining weight for several reasons. Not a lot of weight, but it's supposed to be going in the other direction.

So these past few days, I've gotten outside in the worst of the heat, and walked just 30 minutes each day and sweated a bunch. For real: four pounds in two days.

I know that is not a healthy rate over time. The goal is 2-3 lbs. a week, slow and steady. And this won't continue - it's just water weight, and not so much a legitimate number. But it sure does feel good to see that number dipping.

I've also been drinking gobs of water, so maybe I am for real sweating out some toxins. We'll see how it looks in a few weeks. It will be nice to get back to my Jan. 1 weight, at least, and then keep going.

Onward.

0 comments: