Monday, August 15, 2011

All fixed!

Lawrence Toppman

Well, the treadmill seems to be fixed, although the repairman left off two small clips he said were not necessary for smooth operation. (Ummm....OK. But if it starts vibrating, I'm gonna vibrate his head at the same frequency.)

And I'm fixed: A chiropractor has worked on me over the last two weeks, readjusting my spine and dealing with the muscle spasms in my right leg, until I can walk without limping or pain. (I spent three and a half hours on my feet Saturday at the wonderful Raulston Arboretum in Raleigh, my new favorite garden in the Carolinas, and had barely a twinge.)

And all my cats are fixed, which doesn't matter much because I never let them out. But I digress.

I've been lax about exercising but careful about eating, so I've leveled off at 182.5. That means, with a little less than two-thirds of the year behind us, I'm two-thirds of the way to my goal. With luck and persistence, I should lose six to eight more pounds by January 1. I'm ready.

0 comments: