Friday, August 26, 2011

Counting calories, carbs: It works


Ellyn Ritterskamp

Counting calories and carbs is working. I have lost seven pounds in three weeks, with very little exercise.

The one big difference is that I don't graze after my final meal/snack of the day. I drink ice water during those last couple of hours.

Using My Fitness Pal online has made it easy to log my food choices, and it gives me a rewarding visual thing when I log the water.

Last night I went for a run after halftime of the Panthers game (the defensive line wasn't going to get any better with me watching) and shaved off a little time from the previous run a few weeks ago. I actually ran this time instead of only walking.

Something about having the process work makes me want to keep doing it.

Onward.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Don't worry about carbs. That's all trendy non-sense. You lost weight because you lowered your caloric intake. Keep it up!

Anonymous said...

I have to keep up with carbs because I am diabetic. I need to eat a certain amount of them throughout the day to keep my blood sugar stable. Thanks for writing!

Ellyn