Thursday, August 4, 2011

Stasis



Lawrence Toppman

Right leg still hurts so badly I can't sleep, let alone exercise. Treadmill still broken. Repairman has been called twice, has been spoken to once, and still hasn't set a date to visit. Self-pity levels rising ro record heights. At least I made an appointment to see a chiropractor about my lower back, which is probably causing the pain in my leg.

Lunch today: raw carrots, a peach and an apple, with almonds (six) for dessert. This is not penance, just a precaution against weight gain at a time when I'm burning zero calories by any kind of extended, vigorous activity.

Next week, I'll be on my feet and on a working piece of equipment, I hope. If not, I may start doing sit-ups on that virgin exercise mat rolled up in my den.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dude, why can't you exercise without a dreadmill? Is the door to your house broken? Are you forbidden from going to a gym or, gasp, taking a run/walk outside? A broken treadmill has to be the lamest excuse ever for lack of exercise. Go swim, good for your back.

Anonymous said...

Anon 1:58: I assume you missed the first line of the article where he stated that his leg hurt too bad to exercise.

Anonymous said...

Yeah, I caught that but I also caught the fact that he apparently can't do any sort of walking or running without the treadmill - note last paragraph.