Friday, August 12, 2011

Chipping away at weight loss


Ellyn Ritterskamp

I've lost two pounds since starting the food diary at My Fitness Pal. It's free, and it forces me to rein in my nighttime eating, especially. It also shows me why eating out is such a big tradeoff. I can still do it, but one meal can easily be half of that day's allotments.

I like freedom, but I also like the idea of working within a budget of calories and carbs.

At my weight, two pounds is not enough to get excited about, unless it continues with another two pounds next week.

But I'll take it! It's far better than going two pounds in the other direction, particularly when I've recorded two "bad" days out of seven.

We'll see where we are next week. For now, I'm scheduled for a three-mile run today. I'm not sure I have time for it before work, but I'll get out there and do two miles, anyway. Some is better than none.

Onward.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love www.myfitnesspal.com!!! Keep up the great work!!!