Friday, January 7, 2011

Goal No. 2: Finally mastering the pull-up

It might seem strange, but one of my goals for this year is to be able to do a pull-up.

I’ve never been able to do one, even for the annual fitness tests elementary students across the country take each year. I want to improve my overall strength, and this seems like one way to measure my progress.

For me it would be a huge accomplishment, and my husband likes to point out that it’s a life-saving skill (you know, in case I’m dangling from the side of a cliff one day).

More on my third goal on Monday. I’ve got to hit the gym.

Elizabeth

1 comments:

Some Shmo said...

Start with doing them the way p90x teaches you... do it standing on a chair. Just try your best to use all arm, but use your legs to help you up. Over time, you'll need to rely less and less on your legs, and your arms will take over. Then you can remove the chair altogether. Sort of like the way you do modified pushups on your knees.