Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Something is going right

Ellyn Ritterskamp

I am in this phase of running/walking two miles, three times a week, and my legs are turning into rocks. The good way, I mean.

There is still plenty of top layer of fluff to be gotten rid of, but underneath, my quads are as solid as they'll ever be.

Last week's runs: I trimmed some time off the second one, and did it in 36.5 minutes (down from 40). The third day, I had zero energy, but I did it anyway, and still got done in the original 40 minutes. Nothing lost.

Today is this week's first run. I predict 37 minutes. I'd love to get to 30 by July when we do the sprint triathlon. That course is out and back on a flat road, so it shouldn't be hard.

Onward!

2 comments:

Christie said...

It's amazing how quickly your body responds to new activity. You are getting it done! WTG!

I've lost 90 lbs. and am 4 months into keeping it off. It's so worth it. I'm proud of all of you!

Christie

Donna Earnhardt said...

wow. That's really good. I need to get back on the trail running wagon. It makes me happy AND burns those calories.

Thanks for the motivation!