Monday, January 10, 2011

Goal No. 3: Really watch what I eat

Did you notice how the sweets stacked up over the holidays? Christmas cookies, fudge and candy are all holiday traditions. One from my husband’s family is Christmas cheese. A wheel of it covered in wax arrives in the mail every December and we dive right in, forgetting the promise we made to ourselves not to get carried away.

I love holiday foods and baking for loved ones. But now it’s time to get back on track.

Just one week of eating sensibly and exercising has helped me lose about two pounds, so I know how important it is to make good choices about what I eat.

I've been making sure to eat smaller portions, drink plenty of water and snack less. When I do snack, I've been choosing fruit or low-fat yogurt instead of Christmas cookies. Turns out that makes a big difference.

This year, I’d like to do a better job of tracking what I’m eating, making sure there’s more vegetables and whole grains than sweets and salty snacks. I hope that the more attention I pay to what I’m eating, the easier it will be for me to maintain my weight, which tends to fluctuate (especially this time of year).

What are you doing to eat better in the new year? Any tips you can share?

Elizabeth

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

If the three of you have to share this blog, will you please put your byline at the beginning of the post?