Monday, January 3, 2011

Setting sail toward moderation

I weighed myself this morning to get a baseline for the year's weight loss, and the results were...well, base. I'm at 194.5 pounds, my heaviest weight ever. I stood there at 11 a.m., shivering in my underwear and socks, as LED lights flashed the bad news. (Note to self: Buy lighter underwear and socks.)

I shouldn't be surprised. I went through my sister-in-law's desserts over Christmas vacation like a squirrel storing fat cells against a cruel winter, then brought leftovers home. Luckily, my refrigerator no longer contains these evil creations, because I consumed them.

My new life of moderation began today at 11:05. Now, three hours later, I am eating carrots for dessert at lunch instead of a muffin. I wonder if you can dip carrots in powdered sugar....

Lawrence Toppman

1 comments:

The Light Factory said...

You can do it, Larry! The Light Factory believes in you.