Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Small milestones keep me going

Elizabeth Templin McCamic:

Running has been going pretty well the last couple of weeks. To keep myself accountable, I promised myself I would stick to my training schedule for the first three weeks and that has worked so far. I want to take this half marathon seriously, and I know if I don’t start out right it will just get harder.

As I’ve been running, I have started to notice small changes. Even though I haven’t lost much weight this month, my body is a little sleeker than it was before I started training. When I went on a 4-mile run yesterday afternoon, I could tell that my legs were a little bit stronger than they were two weeks ago. Instead of feeling tired during that last mile, I actually quickened my pace a bit.

I think I’ve also hit another small milestone. I’m less hungry than I was when I first started being careful about what I eat. I am also a lot less tempted by sweets. After dinner, I’m thinking less about having a treat and more about resting for my next run. I'd definitely call that progress.

How are your fitness resolutions going?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good for you! My thing is walking, 2 miles or so in less than 40 minutes. I feel like I am losing my belly fat even though I haven't lost any significant weight (and muscle weighs more than fat). I too am less interested in sweets except apples, oranges, grapes, etc. I wish I had started this years ago!

Elizabeth said...

Congratulations! It sounds like you're making good progress. Keep up the good work and thanks for your comment.