Friday, February 25, 2011

Sometimes running is a pick-me-up


Elizabeth Templin McCamic

For a lot of reasons, this week has been a tough week. When I came from work on Wednesday, I knew I was supposed to run three miles, but instead I spent my first hour at home vegging out, watching TV instead of running. I needed that.

Then my husband came home and we chatted about the day, and he encouraged me to go for that run. I needed that encouragement too.

Once I got moving, my run ended up feeling really good. In fact, it cleared up everything inside me that was previously saying "you don't want to run; you're too tired, don't do it."

I must remember this for the next time I'm feeling too tired/overworked/sorry for myself. Once I get moving, running makes me feel good. Not only am I doing something good for my body, but it truly lifts my mood.

I think we all need that some days.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I often don't want to get started, but every single time I work out or walk or run, I feel better afterward.

We have to remember that as a kick-start.

Ellyn

Anonymous said...

I can't count how many times that's happened to me! Running ALWAYS makes you feel better. My kids laugh at me because I leave grumpy and come back dancing around under my iPod like a crazy person. Keep getting out there, and you'll be addicted before you know it!