Friday, February 25, 2011

What's in that box on dry ice, anyway?


Ellyn Ritterskamp

I have bit the bullet. Bitten the bullet. Like that.

I ordered a week's worth of food from a company that cooks it and ships it on dry ice. The box arrives next Wednesday. I got only the lunch and dinner, for 5 days (they have plans for 2 or 3 meals a day, for 5 or 7 days). They said to make sure the breakfast I made was around 500 calories; the meals they ship will add up to 1600 with that.

I have been legitimately enjoying oatmeal lately, and will add 2 scrambled eggs and coffee.

I know a guy who lost a ton of weight on one of these plans, though he was on it for months, and it cost him a wad. I won't be doing that. This is just to get a better grip on what nutritionist types count as a portion.

Now I have to go look up how they keep ice dry.

Onward.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Post pictures of the meals!

Anonymous said...

Will do!

Ellyn